Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hump Day Mani

Grab the Button and Link up. What Mani got you to the Hump?
Subliminally Smitten

Fish anyone?  This is my second attempt at a fishtail accent nail (I haven't posted the 1st one yet.).  It isn't turning out the way I want, but this is cute so it will do :) .  I am trying to channel this fishtail mani tutorial I found on Lucy's Stash blog. Cute right!? 

I used Butter London Victoriana as my base.  On the fishtail accent nails I used Knackered and Layla Metal Chrome.

Victoriana is such a beauty!  It was opaque in 1 coat. I used 2 coats for this mani (only because I am addicted to the simple act of applying polish).  Knackered on the other hand is very translucent.  I don't know how many coats it would take to be opaque since I was just using it for the fishtail accent.  Layla is an amazing chrome; one of the best.

You know what I realized when I got outside in the sun.  Knackered has a pretty purple shimmer.  I really have to start photographing in the sun. My apologies, you can't see the beauty of this polish :(





Overall, I think this turned out pretty good.  You like? Have you tried a fishtail mani yet?


2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try a fishtail braid mani! I just need to figure out which colors I'm going to use :) Yours looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that what it's called? Lmbo and I'm calling it the fish tail mani how funny. I know color combos are so important. I think it took me 30 minutes to decide what colors I would try. Thank you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...