Monday, April 15, 2013

Liebster Award


Hello My Smitten's

I have been given the Liebster award from the awesome Kali of Kali Now Living .   Thank you very much Kali for thinking of little ole me and my blog.   I have actually been given this award twice in the past (yikes!).  I usually will just acknowledge the award and thank the blogger that gave it to me. Well this time, I am going to play fair, kind of. There are a few new faces around here so I figured I'd answer Kali's questions so you'll get to know a little more about me.  




1.  What’s the story behind your blog’s name?


This is actually a good question because people always ask me how on earth I came up with my blog's name.  I wanted to create a beauty blog that catered more towards nail polish since I'm a self proclaimed addict.  I did not want to go with the common more obvious names that we've all seen out there. I wanted people to be intrigued by the name and tag line and decide to check it out.  For years I had a blog that was named The Subliminal Mind (I pulled that baby from the web a while ago). I really liked that name but since I wanted to start fresh with different subject matter than before I chose SubliminallySmitten. As in SubliminallySmitten with all the things that make me happy, like nails, beauty, makeup, etc.

2.  What do you hope to gain from blogging?


I just want to have fun with my blog and share the things that make me happy. 

3.  What place in this world do you want to visit the most?


I want to visit my Parent's place of birth, Liberia, West Africa.

4.  If you could go back in time, which era/decade would you go back to?


I have always been obsessed with the 20's. I read The Great Gatsby in school and thought it was cool.  I could totally see myself dressed as a flapper. 

5.  What is your favorite movie and why?


My favorite movie of all time is The Color Purple! I Love Love Love that movie. It is definitely a classic.  "You Told Harpo To Beat Me!"

6.  Do you leave comments on blogs or are you a silent reader?


I leave comments when I have some down time but I follow so many amazing blogs sometimes it just isn't feasible.  That's why I love Bloglovin because I can Like the posts that I like.  I think I actually lose followers because they think I don't follow them back.  But I do, I guess I am more of a silent follower.

7.  Is your significant other involved with your blog?


Lord no! He despises social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. He is extremely private. He won't let me take a picture of him because he thinks I'm going to post it on Instagram, which I will lol.  So he doesn't even know about my blog.  (We've only been dating for a few months.)

8.  Who, from the present or past, has influenced your personal style?


Um, I honestly don't know if there is any one person.  I take inspiration from here and there. 

9.   What do you look for in a blog (as in following a blog)?


I look for content I can relate to.  I'm not a mother so I don't follow a lot of Mommy blogs. Unless I caught a glimpse of their kids and fell for their cute faces.  I follow mostly beauty and nail blogs.

10. What's your ultimate dream?

Peace, Love, and Happiness! If I can accomplish those three things in my lifetime, I've truly lived a wonderful life.  Trust me, some people die not having experienced some of those things.

Well there you have it.  I hope you have more insight into who I am.  Thanks again 
Kali for nominating me :)

Thanks for stopping by :)

Emma RaeNae

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome and it was very fun to read your responses :) I like the story behind your blog's name, and your right, it isn't a cliche name. And BTW, my BF is the same way lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's with these men? Lol, I totally enjoyed answering your questions. So glad I decided to play along this time :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...