Monday, November 5, 2012

Leading Lady in Red

Hello My Smitten's
Today I have Essie's Leading Lady.  Leading Lady is one of Essie's Winter 2012 polishes.  I love Essie  polishes so I had to get this entire collection click here to see the entire collection .






Now red is not my go to polish color but this red is pretty.  It shimmers, no is sparkles, hmm it shimmers and sparkles.  Obviously I don't know how to describe it but it works for me :) .


On my index finger I used Ciate's Caviar Pearls in Hologram.  They have a iridescent look and they totally embraced the color of the mani.  


The last time I did a caviar mani click here to see caviar mani I raved about how long it lasted.  Well, not this time.  This caviar accent nail came off in a matter of hours.  I was at dinner and my friend asked  if I did not polish my index finger on purpose.  I looked down and the nail was clean.  No caviar beads, no polish lol.  I was like uh ok.  The index finger on the other hand soon followed suite.  



Overall this was a pretty mani.  I did not have a good experience with the caviar beads this time though.  Do you have any of Essie's Winter 2012 Collection polishes?  Have you ever used caviar beads?

Thanks for stopping by :)



5 comments:

  1. Leading Lady looks like ruby slippers which I have. LL is a pretty red. I haven't tried the caviar bead manicure yet but I purchase some beads from Michaels that I plan to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have been reading that the same effect can be achieved with more affordable beads from crafts stores such as Michaels. I can't wait to see your results when you try it.

      Delete
  2. I do my own only because I can't afford these awesome beads!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH! I love this mani! That ruby glittery red is gorge and I love that accent caviar nail, so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...